Sunday, October 6, 2013

EASY SHIRRED DRESSES 

My mom bought me 1/2 yard of preshirred fabrics for my girls, and said, "Work your magic."


She bought white ribbon...I think to make straps.


So step one was to measure and sew a CB seam.  Next measure ribbon for shoulder straps and sew. You could quit here....but I didn't like it and needed more style. 


I took the extra fabric that was left over.  Sewed a rolled hem on the unfinished edge and sewed it on top of my premeasured white ribbon to make cute mini sleeves.  Notice she is wearing a shirt under it....She said the shirring was itchy.


My oldest said my youngest was crazy, and it isn't itchy.


I added lace to hers, and did not use the white ribbon.


Pretty stylish and super cinchy :) Have fun sewing!








No comments:

Post a Comment