Wednesday, April 2, 2014

INCLINE GYM MAT


Our neighbor was getting rid of this foam, and I jumped at the chance to take it.  FOAM IS PRICY!!
I used my trusty knife and cut it up. There was enough foam to make 3 mats. 24" x 24" x 15"


I used spray fix 77 to glue two layers together. Then I marked my diagonal cutting line. 1" down on left side to the center of the right side.


Use a long serrated knife; and, cut slow and sure.
Now take measurements of the foam sides. Transfer the measurements to fabric but make all the dimensions 1/4" wider for seam allowance. You will sew it at 1/2" seam allowance.  You want the foam to be tight inside.

I covered them in pleather.  The first two I made the wedge was connected by the top piece of fabric.  I made this one come apart; so, we could use it for two purposes: gymnastics and elevation.

 Awesome incline gym mat is held together with velcro.


Awesome wedge for sick kids whose noses need draining.


No comments:

Post a Comment