Wednesday, February 17, 2016

DRESSER TO BUILT IN CLOSET

  I found this beauty on the street in my neighborhood.  Beauty because the wood inside was hardwood and it's size.


Can't beat free.  It's perfect for my new closet idea.



The old closet.
When we moved in it didn't have doors. We never bothered.  


My plans.
My grandpa would roll over in his grave if he saw my hand drawings not on graph paper or computer drafted.   I find chicken scratches work fine for me.





The closet with the dresser installed...



I removed the hardware and filled all the holes.



I have the most AMAZING DAD!  I DID NOT rebuild this closet. He did.  I was working on the dining room table: sanding, upholstering, and painting.  I would come help hold things, help knock them out, but he did the brunt of the building. LOVE HIM!
We removed the header, and shelf. Next we built a new shelf that went all the way out to the edge. We also moved up the clothing bar.  There is a support beam in the middle but not shown.



I did paint, mud and install the doors. My dad had to return to his farm, but it was super nice to have help.



From dresser to built in closet. Now I need to install the new outlet..



The dresser definitely has a mid-century modern feel to it now.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, This looks great!! Super job!! Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible!! And did you switch rooms too? Didn't you make built-ins in your place in Westchester?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible!! And did you switch rooms too? Didn't you make built-ins in your place in Westchester?

    ReplyDelete