Saturday, June 9, 2012

DECK WORK
Here is my newly resanded and stained deck.....Sorry no before picture, but trust me....it was bad.  You could not walk on it bare foot without getting slivers.  This project took my husband and I one full Saturday and a half day to finish.  It was worth it.  Last year we put on Thompsons water seal.  I would not recommend this product at all.  Halfway through the year the deck looked horrible, and was more warped than ever.  I do have to admit that the Las Vegas sun is brutal.  This year we rented a drum sander and used a hand sander.  We used Beher Premium semi-transparent waterproofing  wood stain.  We'll see if it holds up to the 4 yr promise.... I HOPE SO!!
A close up. The turtle my girls painted with nail polish.  The turtle was originally black and can be purchased at Joanns. 
Also painted the door this week.  I used high heat spray paint used on grills.  Hoping that the high heat spray paint lasts longer since the sun does a number on everything.

2 comments:

  1. Was the deck painted before? We need some serious help with our deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. Wendy made me spend the day pressure washing our deck so that I can sand it and stain it to look like yours. This was the one project that I hadn't started yet, and I was going to get away with it if it weren't for you darn kids.

    Your deck looks great.

    ReplyDelete