Friday, June 8, 2012

RUG CONT...
I had no idea I would run out of room...Sorry this posts backwards..
Step 12: Use your finger to poke a hole in the top strands.
Step 13: Feed the strand closest to the braided edge up through the hole.
Step 14: Pull it tight and it makes the braid a little circle. Now braid for three hand movements.
Step 15: Take the new strand that is closest to the original braid and go up the same hole you started in.  Pull it through.  We are going to keep braiding around the circle going in each outside braid loop twice.
Step16: My new loop hole is ready to go up into.  Don't forget to go in the hole twice with braiding for 3 movements in between. Continue the process.
Here you need to add more length to the red strip again.  Don't add too many strips at a time as it is hard to braid with really long strips.  Continue braiding for 3 movements and going into each hole 2 times, and this will give you a circular rug.  CLEAR AS MUD!!
My little rug finished!! I did not want to make another, since I have made two.  What a cute hairpiece.  You could also make little coasters, or hot pads.  Have Fun.  Ask for help if you get stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment