Monday, July 2, 2012

LEWIS FARMCATION

My family and I are so lucky that my parents own a small farm.  My two girls are in heaven when they stay there. Fresh food, animals, irrigation, sun, and lots of projects to do.
My parents front garden
 Alex feeding the horses apples.  She rode them twice.
 Bella feeding the horses.
 Community Garden my parents set up for families. 30 plots.
 The potato plot I helped weed.
 The raspberry patch, and grape vines.
 Raspberries needing to be picked.
 Yummy fresh picked berries.
 
The dessert I made out of the fresh raspberries.
Recipe: One box vanilla pudding. Make as instructed, but also add 1 teaspoon lime and lemon juice to pudding.  Next take flower tortillas and cut them in larger circles than found on a muffin tin.  Dip circle tortillas in a thin layer of water, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon cinammon and 3 tablespoons of sugar and stuff into muffin tin to make small bowls.  Cook tortillas at 400 degrees for 10 min.  Let shells cool.  Fill bottom with a few raspberries, cover with puddding, add more raspberries and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy and yummy. I need some serious garden coaching. This is my first year and I am ready to pull it out and start over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will eat some of those, thank you.

    ReplyDelete