Sunday, August 26, 2012

BOWLING TEAM SHIRTS
My hubby called and said his work needed bowling costumes, could I give suggestions.  Of course, I sent them fun, crazy ideas.  They mellowed me out, and this is the final product.

 Real bowling shirts that needed adjusting.

 Each team member needed a letter of the company logo on the back of their shirt.  First step, print the logo letters the size dsired and in the same font as the company logo. Next gluestick them to the fabric choosen for the letter.  I just used a cotton broadcloth that matched the yellow in the shirt.

Company Logo

 Now we are ready to cut.  I love using a rotary cutter.  Make sure your blade is sharp.  Also cut on the correct surface, it will leave lines.  I have a cutting mat.

 I cut the letters two layers thick so the letters appear more yellow, and the black of the shirt does not show through.  Glue the two layers together for stability.

 Make sure the letter is centered on the back of the shirt and gluestick it to the shirt.

 Besides glue sticking, pin to make sure the letters are stable.  You do not want the letters to shift while you are satin stitching the edges.  For satin stich set your machine to zig zag and stitch length to 0.5.

 The finished product on the backs of the shirt.

As a final touch I hand embroidered their names on the front.  My embroidery machine is not in service, but I still think they turned out nice. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment